Canada Blower introduces a new design of a centrifugal general ventilating fan - Square Fan, in direct drive and belt drive configurations. Arrangement 4 direct drive square fans are ideally suited for a wide range of clean-air applications reuiring a tight footprint. Typical uses include pneumatic conveying, product drying, process cooling, and exhaust on clean-side of dust collection systems.
Some design features of the CB Square Fans include:
- Ten sizes from wheel size 10" to 30"
- Capacities up to 30,000 CFM airflow @ 20" WG pressure
- Choice of backward inclined, airfoil and backward curve wheel
- Four discharge configurations
- Narrow-width design permits higher speed and pressures
The following accessories are avilable:
* Clean-out door - available as a quick opening latch type door that swings open on hinges after cam levers have been turned, or flash bolted type with closely spaced studs to keep door securely sealed with Neoprene foam tape gasketing
* Shaft seals or Teflon shaft hole closures
* Outlet damper - single or multi blade, parallel blade or opposite blade designs, manually operated or complete with mounted electric or pneumatic actoator, for on / off or modulating air flow control
* Inlet screen
* Base rails with rubber-in-shear or spring type vibration isolators
* Inlet volume control with variable inlet vanes - external or nested in the inlet cone, for manual or automatic air flow control
* Housing drain - tank flange furnished in scroll of fans with down blast discharge, half couplings in housing drive side on all other discharges
* Spark resistant and explosion proof construction
* Safety drive guards
* Extended grease tube fitting
* High temperature fan construction with a shaft cooler assembly and high temperature paint
* Flanged inlet and outlet
* Stainless steel construction of SST 316, SST 304 or SST 347 stainless alloy are available for corrosive applications
Canada Blower Square Fans incorporate non-overloading BI impeller desings: the motor can be sized for the operating horsepower of the fan and not oversized, thus increasing motor efficiency. Heavy gauge spinning inlet with airflow diverter permits smooth air flow and close wheel tolerances.
Three different wheel designs on CB SQB Square Fans provide the widest choice in applications suitability, efficiency, sound, and cost. All of them feature the backward inlcinged non overloading horsepower chracteristic, where the horse power curve reaches a peak and then decreases even as air flow increases. This feature allows maximum brake horsepower calculation and motor selection that prevents electrical system overloading even if system pressure changes.
True aerodynamic airfoil blade shape allows stable operation from wide open to closed off; ideal for clean iar applications such as building ventilation with variable air volume system control or clean industrial gas handling. Aerodynamic single surface blade shape of backward curve wheel offers alternative selction points to the Airfoil wheel and also provides stable operation from wide open to closed-off. Flat, single thickness backwardly inlined plades are suited for applications from clean air to those where dust and limited material is present in the airstream and where airfoil shapes are not recommended due to material build up that closes unbalance and vibration.
For additional information please refer to http://canadianblower.com.
Canadian Process Air Systems Designer
Canadian air systems specialist.
Full Author Profile -->